Wednesday, 28 May 2014

C2K week 9 day 6

Ok so I missed day five it was very wet yesterday so I did not go out for a ride but today I cycled to Whitstable and back giving me 17.54 miles dry but overcast when  left the weather decided that I should get wet again.

Saw this old favourite on the sea front had to take a snap couldn't get to the front of it because of a family reading the information board may be another time

Oyster Yawl Favourite

The Favourite is the last Oyster Yawl to remain in Whitstable she was built in 1890, when dredging for oysters was an important industry in Whitstable.
Favourite is the only Oyster Yawl permanently in the town, although several other yawls are still sailing elsewhere. In public ownership, she was rebuilt in 2006 using traditional materials and methods.

The Old Neptune
The Old Neptune is probably the closest to the sea of any pub in Whitstable possible any where in Kent



The Old Neptune must be great on a sunny afternoon with all those benches on the beach. I decided to go home via Island Wall and along the seawall unfortunately the seawall does not go all the way to Seasalter so I had to carry the bike up the steps to Joy Lane. Then cycle home under the lea of the sea wall where it started to rain. Back via my standard route of Sandbanks Lane and the creek where it didn't seem to have rained all day!!!

Cycle to Kolkata 
My Target 5% of total distance 327 miles 
TOTAL to date 290.34 miles
Total remaining 36.66
Days remaining 3 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Pub to find, nice to see you are getting near your goal.

    ReplyDelete