A quiet day I did little this morning other than delete unwanted duplicate photos from my memory card.
After lunch I borrowed Philips car and drove to the local 'Bird Reserve' this turned out to be a small pond with two benches and a gazebo! Undeterred I sat on the bench under the gazebo and waited to see what was around.
I was lucky enough to see a number of Green Heron; Snowy Egret; Tricoloured Heron; White Winged Dove; Common Gallinule {called a Common Morhen on the sign board} Black-necked Stilt; Northern Mockingbird; a junvenile of one of the Night Herons and a brief glimps of of a Black-crowned Nigh Heron {no photo} There were a large number of Green Iguanas all around the pond including some that where bigger than the Blues we saw at the Botanic Garden.
 |
| This is a two for one offer see below |
 |
| Close up Tricolor Heron and what I think is a Juvenile night Heron |
 |
| Black-necked Stilt |
 |
| Green Iguana {you can tell its a green because its swimming} |
 |
| Tricolor Heron |
 |
| Snowy Egret |
 |
| Pie-billed Grebe and young |
 |
| Dragonfly |
After a time at the bird reserve I drove to Spots Beach to see what it looked like!
Next to the beach entrance is this sign, this is an interesting anomaly in the Caymans as the land near the beaches is softer than the rock inside.
TOTAL to date 124.08 miles
must try and do some cycling!!
That Green Iguana looks like he is stuck in the mud. Great Dragonfly shot and lovely images. How long are you away?
ReplyDeleteSpotts Beach is truly wonderful, everything a Caribbean beach should be with palm trees in the sand and turtles swimming just off the beach. A great place to sit and relax with a cool beer!
ReplyDeleteYou really had a feast for your eyes sitting on that bench, wonderful and that beach just looks like a beach from Paradise, carry on enjoying yourself, the Dragonfly is lovely.
ReplyDelete