After that had I run Claire to work and visited George Town again to see if anything jumped out at me for gifts well I hope none of you where expecting anything as nothing did. I did find two more 'Blue Dragons'
| This is Blu |
and an interesting memorial erected in 2003 to celebrate 500 years since the Islands where first discovered by Christopher Columbus
The monument as depictions of thinks relevant to the growth of the Islands including Sailing ships; Flying boats; Jet Air liners; the George Town Clock; Cruise ships and the Legislative building amongst other things. I also managed to get inside Elmslie United Church whos roof was constructed of mahogany salvaged from ship wrecks and built as a reverse ships hull by a local shipwright. unfortunatly it was very dark so I did not manage to photograph it.
| Stained glass in Elmslie United Church |
TOTAL to date 145.38 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment