Friday, 23 May 2014

C2K week 8 day 7

Car had to be taken to Ashford for service MOT ect, suppose I should have put the bike on the roof and put some miles in there but I spent most of the morning with my niece and her 18 month old son as I had bought some gifts back from Cayman for them. 
When I got home I did a 6.51 cycle ride via the polling station half way round the heavens opened!! thank goodness I'd managed to find a new waterproof in the shopping centre in Ashford.

No photos so here are some of the birds from the Cayman Islands 


Snow Egret

Ching Ching

Ruddy Turnstones

White Peacock


White Winged Dove

sorry no idea

but he has amazing yellow wings

sorry no idea but think its the female of the guy above

White Crowned Dove

Cayman Parrot


Cayman Parrot

Scarlet Ibis

Saffron Finch

looks like a Collard Dove but....

A Parrotlet in the quarantine cage 

Magnificent Frigatebird

Magnificent Frigatebird


Northern Flicker

Northern Flicker



Bananaquite

Green Heron

Blackwinged Stilt

Tricoloured Heron

Cycle to Kolkata 
My Target 5% of total distance 327 miles 
TOTAL to date 208.78 miles
Total remaining 118.22
Days remaining 9 

Please sponsor me for my part of Khushi Feet's Cycle to Kolkata if you pay it on my Virgin Giving site  by PayPal on a Wednesday over the next five weeks there is a possibility it could be matched by Virgin & Paypal

2 comments:

  1. Great shots, you were so lucky to get so close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue one I think is a red legged honeycreeper (Google Images has a picture of one with wings open, looks extremely similar. The dove with the collar is I think .......................Eurasian Collared Dove!

    ReplyDelete