Monday, 14 July 2014

IOW 10

For various reasons we did not venture out this morning but after lunch Mike Barbara and I drove to East Cowes to see Osborne house. 



Unfortunately you are not allowed to take photos in the house but you are in the grounds so here goes.


one of two door guardians 

the other door guardians 

looking across the terrace toward the sea



there are lots of statues around the terrace here are some of them

you'll see this lad again





I'm sure this is spectacular with water in it.







one of two such eagles





its that boy and his duck again



the left handed lion by the stairs




The entrance to the walled garden 
The grand entrace to the walled kitchen garden was formerly the portico to the original Osborne House, when Victoria and Albert demolished the building Albert had the portico reconstructed to for the entrance to this garden, who says recycling is a modern thing.




Victoria and Albert's initials are found every where


I did take some pictures of flowers but I'll save those for another day.

Oh the answer to yesterdays question is five,

The original 
  The model in the model village {1/10 scale}
    The model in the model of the model village {1/100 scale}
      The model in the model of the model of the model village {1/1000 scale}
        The model in the model of the model of the model of the model village {1/10000 scale}

And if you don't believe me you'll have to go and visit it yourself to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment