9th August
We left Sipi refreshed and took a leisurely drive to Soroti, 'PRAISE BE!' the road is now complete no running of the carriage way to avoid work men any were on route.
 |
| Descending Mount Elgon |
 |
| Descending Mount Elgon |
 |
| The Lake west of Soroti |
 |
| Soroti Rock |
 |
| Soroti Market from my Hotel balcony |
 |
| A Stoney Pastor! |
Later in the evening we were joined by Diana Mbabazi from Touching Lives Initiative.
10/11 August
We travelled to Atiriri Bible School where Dave would lead some training and Sally & Michelle would travel out to visit link schools and do some teacher training.
Bicycles are the usual form of transport for Pastors in rural Uganda
I found these chain wheels interesting
 |
| Pastors arriving on Monday |
I have today found a new best friend, Diane said that she thought Dave was older than me when in fact he is more than ten years younger! Yes she actually said she thought I was in my early forties.
 |
| Diana Mbabazi |
 |
| Diana, Dave, Sally & Michelle |
 |
| Small group work |
On Tuesday afternoon Jude, Michael and I went into Soroti to collect materials to make some bookcases for the Bible Schools Library, I saw the vehicle below on our travels.
When we returned the teaching session had almost finished
 |
| Dave teaching with Cornelius translating |
 |
| Lunch |
We also had the Solar lamps to give out to the Pastors here is my friend Ojur Michael Pastor of Obalanga Baptist Church, the Ugandan Church linked with Faversham baptist Church receiving his lamp. He will now be able to study after 6:30 in the evening.
 |
| Some of the other Pastors benefiting from the Let There be Light Project |
No comments:
Post a Comment