Saturday, 15 August 2015

Good bye Atiriri and back to Kampala

14th August
David, Sally, Jude, and Diana had a meeting with Moses and Francis so whilst Michelle rested under the mango tree with a good book Michael and I cut the remaining timber for a second bookcase. We managed to get every thing ready and fit the brackets to the side pieces so all that needs to be done now if fitt the top and shelves and sort out the back. Dinner in The Landmark Hotel gave an oportunity to get a photo of Jude.



And attempt a selfie with the rest which failed





15th August
Sadly we left Soroti today and travelled back to Kampala. Following are some photos of the way goods and people are carried in Uganda

 From my balcony at Landmark







Then some I spotted on route to Kampala all shot through the car windscreen so there are not the best quality.









I'm surprised there aren't more of these in use

On route we stopped in Jinja at a project call FACT here they teach vocational skills and also have a brass band


Sewing Machines


workshop tools

computer suit

bead making
bead making



David tries his hand at threading

Jude our model 











2 comments:

  1. Did you make a kite on one of those sewing machines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Mike I had neither the time nor materials, may be next visit though I'm not sure I can mater a treadle machine!

      Delete