Though I had bought some bits from FACT and the lovely lady who runs a craft shop in Kolping Hotel it was decided, with Sally off visiting friends and David having to meet some folk, that Michelle and I would take a look at the craft villages and see if there was any thing else we wanted.
One of the appointments David had was with a young lady called Shiber and he suggested that, if she was willing we should take her with us not only to show us where to go but also as a Luganda speaker she may be useful in taming the excesses of the markets!
Michelle wanted some fabric and something for here brother I was looking for only one thing a new bag for my friend Dave's Djembe. We had great fun looking at all the different stalls most selling the same thing. One thing I did at most shops was tap every drum on sale and mostly walk away, they in the main are not instruments but decorations the stall holders looked at me rather oddly, then every so offten I would find one that was in tune and i would pick it up and play it. The stall holders looked aghast, 'A Mzungu who can play the drums!' But none of them had a bag for a decent sized Djembe. I also had a little argument with a car door!
| this was taken on 18th well on the way to healing! |
Later that evening we, still minus Sally, plus Diana and Shiber went to the Ndere Centre to watch an evening of East African Dance.
Sorry my flash isn't great so some of these are a bit dull but I've included some video as well.
| Dave, Diana, Shiber, me! |
After the dancers finished every one was invited down to dance
Looks like fun and great videos.
ReplyDelete