Ok, so here is some flat pack furniture Uganda style!!
 |
| As it arrived from the supplier |
 |
| the back panel |
 |
| Michael and Moses making sure its ok |
 |
| Almost there |
 |
| Joshua supervising |
 |
| cutting the back panel |
Ok can someone explain why a masungo is not allowed to crawl on the floor cutting ply-wood???
 |
| The finished article |
 |
| Francis {who commissioned the selves } Myself and Michael |
Whilst putting the books on the shelf this fly leaf was discovered, Bob was Pastor at Canterbury Baptist Church whilst I was growing up and I know Mary his wife who still lives in Canterbury.
Whilst Michael, Moses and I built the book cases the Pastors had training on how to use the lamps they received yesterday and Diana with the help of two translators spoke to the Pastors Wives about women's issues and how Touching Lives Initiative might help them.
We gave each of the translators a chicken in thanks.
I forgot to say yesterday we had to pay someone to bring the materials to the site, they charged 1000 Ugandan Shillings per item!!! Total cots for a 30km trip 10000 shillings, just under £2!
No comments:
Post a Comment