A little trip dropped some things in at the foodbank, no shift today, so I decided to visit the Oare Gunpowder Works not to be confused with the Upless works both are now a nature reserves. But Oare still has some of its buildings and there is a lot of information about the old mills.
 |
| all thats left of Incorporating Mills 1& 2 |
I hope you can all read the information boards
 |
| remains of the glazing house |
 |
| bridge over the tiny canals at the Glazing house |
The next few shots are of the Corning House which when I was a teenager I knew The Gunpowder Pit and where I learnt my rock climbing with the local Scouts
 |
| The climbing wall |
 |
| and from above |
 |
| The 1926 Incorporating Mills |
 |
| The milling machine this was bought back to Faversham after the Mill in Scotland Close |
 |
| Bat gates under the Incorporating Mill |
 |
| reflections in the canals |
 |
| reflections in the canals |
 |
| Incorporating Mill across the pond |
 |
| Azure Damselfly |
From the Gunpowder works I went up the Oare Creek where most of the powder would have been loaded on to barges and shipped out.
 |
| Oare Church where I was the other day |
At the top of the Creek where two sailing barges Repertor & Decima
 |
| Repertor's boat |
From the creek I headed back to Davington to visit Bob Geldof's local church unfortunatly it was locked
 |
| Davington originally the church of the Priory I've shown remains of before |
Nice porch with some interesting detail on the brackets each side of the door.
My contribution to Cycle to Kolkata
389.52 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment