Monday, 23 June 2014

90 not out

23rd June is my fathers birthday having been born in 1924 that makes him 90!
To celebrate this momentous event he {well actually my brothers and I} held an at home. Many of his family and friends turned up and with glorious sunshine we were able to gather in the garden to enjoy a wonderful afternoon.

Firstly photos of the guilty party organisers

Mike {Joe}


John 

Chris
Originally there wasn't a picture of me!!! :-) but I have been supplied with this one

Stephen



The birthday boy


My lads Richard and David





David and Sinead
Dad and his 4 boys John, Micheal, Stephen & Christopher

and with his two sisters Mary on the left of shot and Joan right

Not bad for 90 not out!

and finally a copy of a photo Dad was given by my cousin Stephanie the whole Palmer Clan in 1959. Chris is in his mothers arms, Mary is again on the left & Joan on the right I am sat on Grandad's knee Stephanie on Grandmas. 
Mike bottom left John third from the left with cousin Rosemary between him and Mike and her brother Richard on the right. 
Don't know who took the picture but it was probably either Uncle Ernie Crouch or Uncle {Stephen} Ernie Wells. 



Monday morning I again cycled over to my friends to wait for the parcel delivery that didn't arrive on Friday. It came this time so that's 2.46 miles to my total.


My contribution to Cycle to Kolkata 
431.42 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment