Thursday, 21 April 2011

Days 8 9 and 10

We have two missions whilst in Soroti one is for the Schools Connect Staff to visit Ugandan Schools linked to schools in Kent. The Other is to do some more work on the classrooms I help to start on 2005.
I along with the rest of the male members of the team are charged with helping local personnel to plaster the walls of at least one of the rooms we built in 2005 hard work in this hot climate.
We were also invited to attend the graduation of 9 of the Schools former students this happened on Wednesday (day 9) and was not what I had expected.
The nine graduates having been greeted by flag waving cheering women

We preempted lunch on Thursday (day10) when William, a local farmer, picked some of the mangoes from the trees in the school grounds. The tastiest mangoes I have ever had the joy to eat.
In the evening Dave Cy' Sally and I went to the Sorroti hotel for a drink only to be turned away by a Ugandan soldier who said the hotel was close because American soldiers were staying there!!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting Steve, you seem to do a lot for there community

    ReplyDelete