Thursday, 14 April 2011

Day three

Well I gave a complete lesson today not quite the way I remember seeing it done in the UK but the children were attentive and behaved well. They are of quite a wide ability in a class of 37 what I think in the UK would be year 1/2 all could write when copying of a board they did make some simple mistakes but it was an interesting experience.
Furniture makers in Kampala {taken from a moving vehicle}
You may have seen some news reports about unrest in Kampala I want to assure you that this has not affected us other than some traffic jams as the police blocked off roads to control the situation. As I understand it an opposition politician has tried to campaign against the rise in the cost of living by walking along one of the main roads in Kampala, the rumours we hear tonight is that he was shot with a rubber bullet but I have no news of his condition.
Typical traffic on a Kampalan round about no giving way to the right here you just drive straight on
Please pray that this will be the only incident of this sort whilst we are hear.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Steve, I just found you. We have been busy finishing all our work as we fly out to the USA on Wednesday morning. Hope the weather is not to hot for you. It sounds like you are in for a busy time. Will continue to follow you, how long are you away for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Steve, I messed the last comment up and tried to correct it.

    I will NOT be using Facebook until I return as we are away for a while so only my blog. I hope you will be able to follow us on our journey around the States.

    You have a rewarding and peaceful time out there and don't get to hot.

    ReplyDelete