I am struggling to walk today with a painful foot so no countryside walking instead we went to Wensleydale where we visited the Dales Countryside Museum. Based in the old Station buildings it included displays about the dales art installations a cafe and cycle shop.
The current special art exhibition is called Nature skin and bones which was not only sculpture but a sound installation as well sorry I can't included the audio in this blog
The main installation involved a a large rim drum and a stone bowl of water
| the giant Bodhran {little bit of camera shake I'm afraid} |
Parked at the station platform was a train consisting of three carriages and a Loco the carriages contained exhibitions including some about childhood games I was realy taken by the tin turtle
Hanging from the the guttering were some strange creatures
The car park contained this interesting coach
Hawes obviously likes sculptures
There is a river flowing through the town
We found dessert in the market in the main street
On route to the most famous part of Hawes we saw this beautiful planting
Hawes is best known for the Wensleydale Creamery home of Wensleydale Cheese!
| Cheese lovers paradise |
| Cheese lovers paradise |
| View from the Creamery's coffee shop |
| Seen outside The Creamery |
| Sammy, Chris and Steve walking back to the village |
| It must be historic vehicle day |
| A different view of the river |
| The old station weighbridge |
No comments:
Post a Comment