Today we visited Kirkby Stephen and walked the 1¼ miles of railway track-bed between Stenkrith and Hartley which contains the Podgill & Merrygill viaducts nice walk along a basically level grade withe information boards and poetry carved in to stones along the route.
 |
| View from Podgill Viaduct |
 |
| Merrygill Viaduct |
Dropping down from the old railway line we walked cross country to the River Eden and back to the car park
 |
| Sunshine three the beech trees |
 |
| Looking up to the Millennium Bridge at Stenkrith |
 |
| Looking down from the Millennium Bridge at Stenkrith |
 |
Looking down from the Millennium Bridge at Stenkrith I love the swirls caused by the water |
We drove to the Black Swan at Ravenstonedale for lunch, which I can recommend, then we visited Pendragon Castle
 |
| its only a Hawthorn but I liked the shape |
 |
| Asher hunting for moles at Pendragon Castle |
So there had to be some Fungi
No comments:
Post a Comment