Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Lake District October 2012

Another trip to the Lakes I'll share a few photos and comments.
Sorry to all you birders out there I have no photos of the 5000 or so Pink Footed Geese we saw on Monday too far away for my compact camera and I didn't have my scope with me so no 'DidgiScoping'.
We did however go to Brockholes Nature Reserve near Preston {OK I know its not in the Lake District} and had an amble around
Black Swan at Brockholes note the white trailing edge of his wing

Meadow Lake at Brockholes

Tuesday we went to Bowness and caught the ferry to Lakeside then on the Lakeside to Haverthwaite Railway having lunch at Haverthwaite Station




View from the observation car 


Loco changing ends 
View down the tracks as we return to Lakeside
On the return journey we got off the train at Newby Bridge Holt and walked through the woods to Lakeside. In the woods we found some great fungi shame I didn't know if they were edible or not!




Looking up Windermere mist rolling of the hill tops
.

No comments:

Post a Comment