Thursday, 17 October 2013

The Lakes 16th October 13

Don't know what I did yesterday but my knee is not working properly today so Steve and I dropped Chris & Mark at Aira Force and we went for a walk down by Ullswater its self. Whilst we where eating lunch a small sailing boat with a strange, to me,  sail arrangement, appeared so I tried to photograph it through my birding scope. The results are grainy but I think worth sharing. Sorry it was very overcast today so the photos are a bit flat.



The boat when we first saw it





The boat is dead centre in this photo roughly
where it was when the last three photos where taken

The hills above Ullswatter

After a picnic Lunch Steve and I then drove to Dockray to meet up with Chris and Mark at The Royal Hotel a local pub. Whilst there I noticed some sculptures made from wire netting in the garden and thought they where interesting. It had started to rain by now so the photos are a bit dark.

sorry a bit of camera shake on this one


windows get in the way on this a bit

A smaller example in the porch

After a refreshment break in the the pub we drove to The Rheged Centre where in addition to a display of some work  by local artists we found some more of the wire sculptures, this set showing a diver doing a single piked somersault {photos courtesy of Marks phone}.





I haven't forgotten the fungi


No comments:

Post a Comment